If a vehicle is being sold out of state, the owner of the vehicle must:
- Complete the Transfer of Title by Owner section on the back of the
- Print name and address of the buyer/transferee
- Correct odometer reading is required
- Transferor/seller signatures
- Date of transfer/sale
- Have the title signed and notarized by a notary public with a seal
To ensure the vehicle is removed from the tax records:
- Return copy of the front and back of the filled out title along with the license plate to the county clerk’s office.
- Have the title signed and notarized by a notary public with a seal.
- Bring title to a motor vehicle service center or mail title to processing center.
Jefferson County Clerk’s Office
Attention: Motor Vehicle Processing Center
P.O. Box 33033
Louisville, KY 40232-33033